1.19.2010

Following my own Rules (or not)

This semester's theme in the WSC Low Brass Studio is PRACTICE HABITS. As in developing them. The entire group has been assigned practice journals, and these blogs, to further that agenda. Unfortunately I myself have not been able to practice, owing to a monster of a cold sore.

I'm treating it, mostly by drinking water by the gallon and putting vitamin E on my lips (break open the gel-filled capsule and rub it on) but my lip still splits every time I smile or take a big bite of something (and I LOVE smiling and taking big bites of something!)

Ah, well. Hopefully I heal up soon so I can get back to tooting!

1 comment:

ABEL Central said...

Josh,

Great to see you blogging again, and I hope your students enjoy the experience too! Our current final project at the University of Iowa has to do with "Music and the Body", as a sequel to last semester's "Music and the Mind", which required them to read a book on that theme and apply the principles within.

This semester, each student has to choose three month-long experiments/projects based on the theme of music and the body; like exercise, stretching, yoga, diet, etc. I even joked about lib balm, but hey, perhaps that would be a good idea. If you have any suggestions, both me and my students are looking for inspiration. Looking forward to seeing you in April, and blog on my friend!