2.25.2008

And the Winner is...

...me! This morning I was officially offered the full-time tenure-track position here at Wayne State!

So now that main trial is over, and the new struggles can begin:

1.) Lauren now must figure out what will happen with her employment. We're hoping that she will be able to continue with Percussion Source, remotely. If that is not possible, we will need to actively look for work for her in Wayne and neighboring communities.

2.) House hunting. We have something in mind, but we need to work out the little details, like finances, moving, etc. Unfortunately, this is going to depend on Lauren's situation, so this is not something that is going to resolve itself quickly.

I'm thankful for all the help I've gotten along the way so far, from friends, family, students and colleagues, and all those who were pulling for me. It means a lot to have such great people in your corner.

3 comments:

Fergie's Daughter said...

Congratulations! I looked here intentionally in order to find out. We're happy to have you here!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is very exciting! Welcome (officially) to Wayne.
-Ray

Anonymous said...

Josh,
Great concert last night. Like I said, I really liked your choice of pieces--accessible, yet challenging enough.
BTW, I immediately noticed that Tallis' original hymn words are a Christian paraphrase of Psalm 2:1-2.
Keep up the good work.
-Ray